Some people believe in creating history while some believe in repeating history in a new way.
Has anyone ever wondered as why we particularly use the word HISTORY?
No, I’m not talking about starting a French Revolution or introducing History channel. I just want to prove a point that we feel we are in the 21st century and smartest of all previous generation but alas! That may not be true!
Let me relate this to the idea of “How to become successful in life” to illustrate this point.
The number of things we try to know how to become successful in life is incredible: from simple things like taking people’s advice and adapting new habits to more extreme things like violence and murder. We take great pains in creating a new path for success when in reality the path has already been discovered.
Look at these thoughts on success about having a goal from history.
- Lord Krishna – If you fail to achieve your goal, Change the strategy, not goal.
- Mahatama Gandhi – The path is the goal.
- Abraham Lincon – A goal properly set is halfway reached.
- Albert Einstein – If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects.
- Rocky, 1976 Movie– Character inspired millions of people. The motivational message of this movie is to never give up on your goals despite the circumstances.
- Paintings were made to show focus for goal
- Great Speeches
Adolf Hilter – Don’t let what other people think stop you from doing the things you love
Martin Luther King Jr. – If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward for your goal.
The above mentioned thought has been reiterated by various different people through various different ways and the core idea has remained the same. However, even though this concept seems to be common knowledge in people, why is it that success itself isn’t so common? If everyone knows these truths, then everyone would able to know how to become successful in life. But that is not the case. In fact a very small percentage of the world falls in the category of what we call “successful people”.
Have you ever wondered why?
We all have different and unique ways to look at the world around us. You may listen or see the same thing as others but we all will perceive it differently. We try to give what we have back to the world differently.
But it can only happen when you are self-aware.
Self-awareness doesn’t mean knowing what you do. But knowing WHY you do it.
We are aware about the existence of knowledge (we are talking about having a goal for success) yet we fail to know how to become successful in life.
I’m not talking literature here, I am talking facts and it’s Neuroscience. Only when you aware of your own behaviour preference, you can adapt different other preferences for achieving success.
Let me give you an example of how can people adapt one simple common knowledge of how to become successful in life
- (Blue) Supporting, coordinating and sensitive– They can adapt by understanding that sometimes pressure, responsibilities and making decision will be a part of the journey for achieving goals.
- (Green) Expressive and creative – They can adapt by understanding that achieving goals will take a long time without a routine and few rules.
- (Red) Driven, inspired and focused– They can adapt by understanding that sometimes during the path of achieving goals, there will be orders to follows and there will be people who might be sensitive to work with.
- (Gold) Analytical – They can adapt by accepting that blockages, untidiness and confusion might be a part of the path for achieving a goal.
(Note: To facilitate understanding, PRISM uses colours to illustrate the behaviour preferences)
Be willing to change and adapt your behaviour preferences, because if you have decided a goal. Life won’t stay the same.